Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Towards the Autobiographical



"Time Lapse Video footage with FS4 and Canon XL-1"
I thought I might face the camera for three days and nights continuously as part of my autobiographic video project. This was a test for that. The day that I did it the power went down for the first time in months and the FS4 corrupted much of the footage. I now have a UPS prepared for the next shoot, plus a twelve foot jib-arm to get elevated shots that will give a God's eye view like perspective to myself in my spaces.





"The twelve foot, parallel motion jib-arm"

I'm going to use this for the autobiographical video to get unusual shots, low to the floor as well as elevated perspectives, but probably not pans. I will also be using it to make images from the documentation of the external reincarnations of "12.2.42". The units will first be installed in the living spaces of my home, effectively displacing all the useable space in each room, intervening and denying any living space to the occupants. Following that the 180 units will go out to the countryside at the edge of the city, the area known as Tarogil. Here I hope to build alien structures amongst the crops and cattle. Something indeterminately industrial, something intrusive yet temporary. I am hoping the jib-arm will allow me to locate the steel installation amongst the agricultural. The logistics of moving all the work, let alone equipment through the cities multiple road-blocks and security check posts is daunting, it is also getting very hot.



No comments: