Monday, April 13, 2009

Other autobiographical works April 2009



Autobiographical Bean Can with Tarogil Landscape Plan







"Damaged Donkey Pump, Liberty Market, Lahore, 2009"





"Wild Grasses, Tarogil, April 2009"


The background rumble is the sound of tractors and bull-dozers working the grade on site.
I work at Tarogil, both as a teacher, on occassion and weekly as the landcape consultant to the new 40 acre campus that is coming up there. It's a troubled project for me. I would love to see it return to some kind of wilderness, but 40 acres is hardly much amongst all the built structures of the university. I'm lobbying for the "Formal Gardens" to become a mud-pond and wild-life reserve cum arboretum. It a questiom of world views, mine has support but amongst a few. The problems of education and maintenance of such a space in a place that has no positive concept of "wilderness" would mean that I would have to perpetually fight for it's existence, and for it to be understood. All of these are concerns that I wish my future work to address and to muse upon.

No comments: